Tuesday, April 03, 2012

A Rewrite

Some of you may recognize the first part.  Revisiting old things, this felt in need of a rewrite.


A Human Becoming

I am not a human being. 
(That would imply something stagnant.)
I am a human becoming. 
(I grow with the passing of time and circumstance.)
To be or to become, that is question.
For if I be, then I stay in my comfort zone that’s safe.
And we were made for so much more than that.
But if I become, then I grow, face my fears, my life, and know.

I am not a human being.
I am a human becoming.
Authentically, courageously, honestly, vulnerable and compassionate. 
Strength and struggle, connected by community, experience, and spirit. 
I am who I am, not a collection of suppositions.

I am not a human being.
I am a human becoming.
I live and love when it’s hard, when it hurts, when I doubt,
when it’s good, when it’s great, 
when it’s so much more than I could have imagined.
A soul that searches and struggles honestly
Inviting grace, joy, truth, and freedom in the process of human becoming.

* * *

~ by April Milam © 2006 - 2012

No comments: