Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Tuesday Observations


1. The sunshine came out to play this morning. I rejoiced greatly at its brilliance, and did a little happy dance.


2. Gracious truth telling is possible and can produce some marvelous 
effects.


3. A long time ago I took a trip to a far away place. It was a ten day missions trip that changed my life. During those memorable days, I experienced a closeness to God I thought I would never reach again. I told myself it was because of the extreme circumstances of being in a third world country, doing to work Of God that caused this deep feeling of contentment, peace, and safety in the arms of my Jesus. I didn't think I'd ever reach that place again. God felt like something in the distance I had a hard time reaching. I saw my daily normal life as drudgery. I was wrong. My daily quiet time these last two weeks has shown me just how wrong I was. I can be as close to God on the mountaintop as I can while I'm making the bed.


"Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast."
-- Psalm 139:7-10

No comments: